The Charles W. Gibson Public Library offers many different services from technologies like Wi-Fi to our virtual conference kit. Here are some details some of our in-person services you might be in need of. If you have further questions, be sure to reach out to us.
The library has one public notary available most days of the week. Please contact the library to confirm when the notary is available.
- Do NOT pre-sign your document. The reason for the a public notary is to ensure that the handwriting on the document is verified by a disinterested party.
- The signer(s) must be present.
- The signer(s) must present a photo ID. This identification cannot have been expired for more than 3 years.
- A notary may refuse to perform a notarial act if the notary believes:
- the individual signing the record is not competent or does not have the capacity to sign the record.
- The individual’s signature is not knowingly and voluntarily made.
- A notary CANNOT provide legal advice or draft legal records.