Now Hiring: Library Aide
The Charles W. Gibson Public Library is looking for a part-time library aide.
Interested applicants are encouraged to read the full description below and send a resume and three references to the Charles W. Gibson Hiring Committee.
Resumes and references may be submitted via mail, email, or in-person. Questions should be directed to the Library Director.
Mailing Address: 105 East Main Street, Buckhannon, WV 26201
Applications will be accepted until September 16, 2022.
Hour of Work:
Up to 18 hours per week, available to work afternoons and some Saturdays.
$9.25 an hour, no benefits. Employees earn personal time for each month worked.
A library aide performs a variety of library circulation and clerical tasks with a heavy concentration on customer service.
- High school diploma or GED;
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions;
- Ability to learn Dewey Decimal system, circulation system software, and library circulation policies and procedures;
- Ability to create a courteous, pleasant first impression of the library;
- Ability to establish good rapport with library patrons;
- Flexibility to deal with multiple and extra unexpected tasks at the same time;
- Basic typing/computer skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows & Office Suite
- Familiarity with laptops, smart phones or tablets and basic operations (Android or Apple)
- Ability to regularly lift up to 25 lbs.;
- One year clerical or library experience (preferred).
- Perform circulation duties, including but not limited to:
- Checking materials in/out;
- Renewing materials and notify patrons when materials are available;
- Placing holds on materials;
- Issue new and update existing patron cards;
- Perform opening/closing procedures;
- Notifies patrons when held materials are available;
- Answers phone calls as necessary;
- Performs basic reference work;
- Assists patrons in locating library materials through the catalog, OverDrive (eBook) catalog, or Inter-Library Loan;
- Shelves materials and checks for accuracy;
- Assist patrons in connecting their devices to the library’s wireless network;
- Performs additional duties as designated by supervisor in assigned work areas.